Monday, January 26, 2009

Monument Valley Navajo Park





New tent = No Leaks! 
When I pulled up to the gate to enter Monument Valley Navajo Park, I asked the Navajo Ranger if there was a campground open. He says, "You're a brave one, aren'tcha?"

It makes me a little nervous when some Navajo, that looks like he could take on pretty much anyone on the Rez, much less the 4 local states, says to me "you're a brave one". What am I getting into?
I asked if the temperature was supposed to drop a ton, why "brave".

"Oh, it will get cold, but up there and exposed to the weather, it's the wind that gets ya, better tighten those jacklines", he says.

New tent held up through some fierce winds. Temps right around freezing, warm and toasty through the night. Rode the loop around the "Valley of the Gods" the next day. Although there was still a wall of wind, how could I pass it up? 

3 comments:

Sam said...

Bradley, you are studly. Nice photos. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself out there.

Anonymous said...

That landscape is freakin' incredible!

Elise

Anonymous said...

I am even more of a sniveling milksop than I thought, you manly thing, you!